[Zeek] uninstalling of bro(version2.6.1)

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jpl at didconcept.com
Tue Feb 18 16:37:46 PST 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 01:39:55AM +0000, ito.satosi at jp.panasonic.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am deploying after bro / 2.6.6.1 / configure && make && sudo make install.
> I am trying to change from bro(version:2.6.1) to Zeek (version:3.0.0) under ubuntu environment.
> For that I want to uninstall bro2.6.1, can you please tell me the procedure.
> For example, is it the procedure to stop with broctl and then delete the folder of /usr/local/bro?
>
> Best Regards,
> Satoshi Ito

Hi,

May I suggest a tip I use ?
I always install "Zeek" into a specific directory then use a logical link.
Please note that you should use the logical link in your config files.

Example:

(Today).

# ./configure --prefix=/op/zeek-3.0.1; make; make install
# cd /opt/
# ln -s zeek-3.0.1 zeek

(Tomorrow).

# ./configure --prefix=/op/zeek-3.0.2; make; make install
# cd /opt/
# rm zeek
# ln -s zeek-3.0.2 zeek

With such setup, you just have to copy *.cfg and the local policies
you use into the new directory.
If your setup refers to /opt/zeek, it's easy to switch back to old
version if you need it.

Cheers.

Jean-Philippe.