[Zeek] - new writer plugin

william de ping bill.de.ping at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:13:53 PST 2020

Hi all,

I want to make a permanent change into ASCII.cc file of the Ascii_writer.
After making the changes, I've created a dummy plugin and updated the src
and script dirs accordingly.

compiling the plugin works, however, running Zeek with the new
Ascii2_writer as the default writer fails with undefined symbols in the bif
references area.

This issue seems to be related to a linkage issue, since Ascii2_writer code
placed in <zeek_src>/src/logging/writers works properly.

Any ideas on what to do?

Simply copying the Ascii writer code, creating a plugin and using this
plugin under a different namespace fails for the same reason.

Thanks