[Zeek] plugin: af_packet 3.0 not working with zkg

Paul Sibley Paul.Sibley at canarie.ca
Mon Feb 24 13:55:13 PST 2020

Hello Community,

Some of the participants in our project are attempting to install the
af_packet plugin via the zeek package manager and are receiving errors since
the master was updated from 1.4 to 2.0 ~4 hours ago.

While we can manually download and continue with version 1.4, I am wondering
if there is something in particular that needs to be considered.

OS:  CentOS8
Zeek:  3.0.1
Command: zkg install zeek/j-gras/gro-af_packet-plugin
Error(s):

*	"Failed to initialize: Bad git executable"
*	"zeek/j-gras/bro-af_packet-plugin" tests failed

Thanks in advance,

Paul