[Zeek] Dropping packets

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 20:56:55 PST 2020

Arista doesn’t dedup anything automatically. But it’s like 10x cheaper than solutions that do.

You can (and I did) write
- ACLs and attach them as ingress to tap ports ( hardware supported)
- ACLs and attach them as egrees to tool ports (hardware supported)
- drop packets by creating classes and policies and send them nowhere (software only, I did that when Arista was fighting for life with Cisco and had to ban hardware ACLs for a while)

Some people also double-tag  traffic, with the outer-most tag identifying the tap port. You can then use that when writing policies and ACLs.