[Zeek] 3 Jan Community Call - Notes and Summary

Amber Graner akgraner at corelight.com
Sat Jan 4 06:58:10 PST 2020

Hi all,

Below are the notes, links to the slides and the recording.  I forgot to
hit record for the first half of the call so apologies in advance.  The
more we have of these calls the better we'll get at all this. :-)

==Agenda==
* Results from Alternative to IRC Poll
   - Slack was picked over Matrix
   - No to replacing the Mailing list
* Zeek Monthly Newsletter
   - Once a month, first full week of the month
   - Who can help?

==Notes==

* *Alternate to IRC* - I'll be reaching out to those who said that could
help maintain and admin the slack channel, so if you said yes to helping on
either poll, look for an email and calendar invite for next week. We'll get
this channel set up and promoted in January.

* *Newsletter* - We'll be shooting for the first full week of each month to
produce and promote each newsletter.  If you would like to help with this
please let me know so I can add you to the Zeek Newsletter calls. Format is
detailed in the slide deck.  The threat of the month/issue of the
month/code share will start next month.  Thank you to all those who said
you could help with this.

* *Events - *Look for information about upcoming events on the mailing
list, twitter and the website.  Heads up that there will be a workshop in
Portland, OR on 18 February (details are still being finalized) and there
will also be a join threat hunting workshop with Zeek and Elastic at BSides
SFO the weekend of 21 -23 February. (More details to be published soon).

==Links==

* 3 January Call Folder - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20
    - Link to Agenda Slides - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Slides
    - Link to Audio Only - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Audio
    - Link to Video - http://bit.ly/ZeekCommunityCall_3Jan20_Video

==Next Call==

7 February 2020 at 3pm Eastern

==Topics==

If you have anything you'd like me to add to the agenda please let me know.

Thanks again everyone, please let me know if you have any questions,
comments, feedback etc. Here's to a great 2020 and beyond!

With gratitude,
~Amber

--

*Amber Graner*
Director of Community

828.582.9469

Schedule time on my calendar here. <https://calendly.com/amber_graner>

 * Ask me about how you can participate in the Zeek (formerly Bro)
community.
 * Remember - ZEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND!!