[Zeek] Is it possible to split the Weird.log?

ap pumphrey.adam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 09:09:30 PST 2020

Hi Jorge,

You’re in luck.  Log Filters allow you to do just that.  With filters you have two primary tools at your disposal:

$pred  -  filter out events before they are written to the log (https://docs.zeek.org/en/stable/frameworks/logging.html#filter-log-records <https://docs.zeek.org/en/stable/frameworks/logging.html#filter-log-records>)
$path_func - determine which log file each event should be written to (https://docs.zeek.org/en/stable/frameworks/logging.html#determine-log-path-dynamically <https://docs.zeek.org/en/stable/frameworks/logging.html#determine-log-path-dynamically>)

Those links have some concise examples of how to use each and info about working with filters in general.  There is also a blog from ’12 that has some good examples https://blog.zeek.org/2012/02/filtering-logs-with-bro.html <https://blog.zeek.org/2012/02/filtering-logs-with-bro.html>.  It's from the bro days but the concepts are still relevant.

Adam