[Zeek] First attempt to upgrade to 3: Multiple interfaces

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Wed Mar 4 17:18:21 PST 2020

Hi Don,

just to pull over the questions from Slack here:

could you please detail a little bit how you are currently running Zeek.

Since it sounds like you are handling a lot of traffic - you typically
should already have to run zeek in cluster mode using zeekctl/broctl. At
which point this problem does not apply anymore - since in a cluster you
can have a zeek process (or - typically - several zeek processes) for
each interface.

If you are currently running a single standalone zeek process on several
10G interfaces - did you check your packet loss? Because it seems
unlikely to me that this setup is not loosing a ton of traffic.

Thank you :)
  Johanna