[Zeek] Effect of TLS traffic on inspection

Kevin Ross kevross33 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:01:34 PDT 2020

These are helpful talks on the subject on using zeek style metadata

JA3 asking for a friend (2019):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrP6Ep3xgQM&t=684s
Network forensics in an encrypted world (2017 but covers a lot of
indicators you can hunt on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHlvFaUEKE&t=1930s
Encrypted things: Network detection and response in an encrypted world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPvIGP2mgbI&t=2667s
Security Onion Conference 2019: Finding traffic anomalies using SSL
certificates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WD9BWlENwc&t=762s