[Zeek] ZeekWeek 2020 Austin - Cancelled - Open Letter to the Community

Keith Lehigh klehigh at iu.edu
Tue Mar 31 08:50:53 PDT 2020

Dear Zeek Community,

It is our hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy during this
uncertain time.  We’re all navigating unfamiliar territory together, as the
COVID 19 crisis affects every aspect of our lives both personally and
professionally.

We all wish we knew what the future might hold for 1 month, 3 months, 6
months or more from now. It would make planning for events easier and more
efficient; however, that is not the case.  While we sincerely hope the
world and our daily activities will be back to normal in the fall, we can’t
be assured of that.

Given the uncertainty, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel ZeekWeek
2020 in Austin.  Rest assured that we are looking at other options to bring
the community together as things improve and become more predictable. Those
options include a virtual event during the same time frame, and if it’s
safe to bring people together, then we will look at holding a smaller event
in a different location.  However, we won’t know until we get closer to
October.

Don’t file away those ZeekWeek talks you were going to pitch!! We will be
announcing some new initiatives for you to share your knowledge and bring
the community together.

In the meantime, there are many ways for you to connect with the Zeek
Community - Mailing Lists <https://zeek.org/mailing-lists/>, Slack Workspace
<https://join.slack.com/t/zeekorg/shared_invite/enQtOTc3MzMxNDI1NDYxLTA1NzhhMTgxNWI1OTk2NjlkMTdjNzY1Nzk5NDk2ZDY1MDBkYWIxOWNjNDE2NDc2MGI5OWM3ZDllYzBmZmNhNDM>,
Webinars
<http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/zeek/2020-March/015193.html>
and more.

We look forward to seeing you in-person once it is safe to do so.  Until
then, remember, without you there is no community! Together we are better,
whether in-person or online.

Stay Safe and Zeek on!!

The Zeek Leadership Team

Blog Post of this message -