[Zeek] Zeek Vs. FreeBSD

Anthony Arnaud antho.arnaudisce at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:24:03 PDT 2020

Hi All,
I tried to install Zeek on my FreeBSD server with netmap support.
But VirtIO Ethernet driver is not working properly, there are performance
problems that should be solved in the latest Netmap release, ref to:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17916

Unfortunately the bro-netmap plugin does not work with that.
It seems that Zeek is unusable in FreeBSD env, the developments of the
bro-netmap plugin are closed and it is impossible to parallelize network
traffic on multiple zeek workers.
Does anyone know if updates are currently planned?
Or if someone using this plugin with the Netmap last version?
Or, finally, are there other BSD loadbalancing solutions ?
Thank y'all

Anthon