[ee122] Scaling down Proj1

Richard Schmidt huntingtonsurfca at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:09:00 PST 2007

Hello,

I think it would be helpful in knowing how much we can simplify our
previous project in order to facilitate the emphasis on the
inter-protocol.

What I would like to do: (Outline)

- Throw out data structure for keeping multiple connections.
- Use 'listener' as a valid socket for recieving initial data (ala FTP).
- Static number of sockets total.
- Sequential handling of interactions (no sending_data until all
data_recieve'd).
- No persistent connections.

The spec mentions some parts that can be tossed, but I'd like to know
if there's a limit on how far I can simplify the interactions and
still create an acceptable atomosphere for our protocol to work under.
Basically I want to model the interactions as we normally do in the
homework.

Rick