[ee122] Scaling down Proj1

Lisa Fowler fowler at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 18 21:22:33 PST 2007

I'm sorry it wasn't clear before, but I do mean that the inclusion of
Project 1 code in Project 2 is so that you have something that can
trivially request and then transfer a single file from one host to the
other.

I *really* don't care about anything else.  As long as you can still
have host A request a file from host B (via a plain vanilla GET
request for a file in the working directory), and have host B send the
requested file to host A, that's great.  That's all I'm looking for.
One host A, one host B, and the ability to request and transfer a
particular file.

Your priority is showing that your protocol abstracts away all the
underlying work and helps create the illusion of a reliable in-order
channel, no matter the loss, delay, corruption, etc. seen below.

The app's view of (i.e. interface to) your transport protocol should
be nearly identical to how it was before when using TCP.

-Lisa