[ee122] [EE122] Question on IP Fragmentation

Kedar Kanitkar kedar at berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:06:53 PDT 2007

 From HW1 solutions. Chapter 4 P16:
"Note #1: the slides presented in lecture to illustrate fragmentation
are wrong, for which Prof.
Paxson offers his apologies :-(."

Also, the grouping of data will have to be slightly different than what
you stated below.  Since 1476 data bytes is not a multiple of 8, that's
not a valid fragment; you'd have to use either 1472 or 1480 bytes (and
therefore an offset of 184 or 185, respectively).

-Kedar