[ee122] File w/o extension + Directory listing question...

Drew Lustro drewlustro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:17:07 PDT 2007

So for directory listing, say the client requests "/foo"

If file "foo" exists, does that mean _no_matter_what_ we always just
go "501 Not Implemented: /foo" because supported filetypes are
determined by filename extension?

If "foo" is a directory, we're supposed to return the contents of the
ls command. The documentation _suggests_ we pipe the results of ls
into a file. Does this file need to be called something particular?
Could we just call it .tmp_file_contents.txt and then return that (ie:
end up doing HTTP/1.0 200 OK\nContent-Type: text/plain\nContent-
Length: 9999\n\r\nCONTENTS-OF-.tmp_file_contents.txt) and then delete
the temporary file?

Thanks

Drew