[Xorp-hackers] HEADS UP: FEA Click configuration changes

Gernot W. Schmied gernot.schmied@chello.at
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:35:39 +0100

Atanu Ghosh wrote:
>     Gernot> Sounds like a lot of cool new features for XORP 1.1 (or will
>     Gernot> it be 2.0?). Do you folks already have a vague idea about
>     Gernot> the next release date of XORP, would be interesten in
>     Gernot> hearing what's happening on the OSPF and multicast arena
>     Gernot> (IGMPv3, MLDv2, ...) and the planned features until then.
>     Gernot> By the way, any progress on the AMD64 front? Any success
>     Gernot> stories so far for compiling it on AMD64? It still fails
>     Gernot> miserably on my machine :-(.
>
> Our intention is to roll a 1.1-RC in mid January.
>
> We are working on OSPF its not yet clear if it will make it into the
> 1.1-RC. We will be working on IGMPv3 and MLDv2 in the background.
>
> We don't have any AMD64 systems if you would like to give us an account
> on your machine we can take a look.
>
>    Atanu.

Hi Atanu,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately my AMD64 system is a production
system with very sensible data, so I can't grant access to that system.
As soon as I have another system in the lab up and running I'll give you
access for sure. I am very eager to get my hands on the 1.1 version, 1.0
is running very satisfying so far, great job, nice architecture.

Merry Xmas to California,
Gernot