[Xorp-hackers] fea

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:03:55 -0800

> Is there more specific information on the FEA?
> I tried reading the fea.pdf document but it gave
> very little. I am trying to understand how xorp
> handles vif configuration.

It uses the xrl/interfaces/fea_ifmgr.xif XRL interface:

start_transaction -> tid
create_interface ...
set_...
create_vif
set_...
create_address4
set_...
create_address6
set_...
commit_transaction

The interfaces template etc/templates/interfaces.tp contains the
particular XRLs invoked when the interface-related configuration is
changed. Note that any changes to the configured interface tree
are wrapped inside "start_transaction/commit_transaction".

> add_vif seems to be just about a dummy function,
> is it ever called?

Do you mean the add_vif methods declared inside fea/ifconfig_set.hh?
Those are used inside fea/ifconfig_set.cc

Pavlin