[Xorp-hackers] testing xorp

Bob Gilligan gilligan at vyatta.com
Fri Aug 17 18:29:49 PDT 2007

Hi Gabor -- I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but at Vyatta, we do alot of routing protocol testing with the Spirent SmartBits Tera Routing Tester (TRT).  The advantage of TRT is that it allows one to generate a wide range of workloads for multiple routing protocols.  You can have the tester simulate multiple routers, offering different route updates, and schedule events like link flaps, and simulate IP traffic all at the same time.  The downside is that it only runs on a SmartBits tester, and those are not exactly cheap!  TRT tests can be automated.  Spirent provides a TCL client library for scripting.  But we haven't done any automation yet.

Spirent has lots of info on the SmartBits tester and info about TRT and other applications for it on their web site at:  http://www.spirent.com/analysis/technology.cfm?media=7&ws=325&ss=110&stype=15&a=1

Bob.