[Xorp-hackers] Display BIDIR_CAPABLE flag name in ethereal !!!!

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Mar 19 10:26:19 PDT 2007

>    we have enabled PIM_HELLO_BIDIR_CAPABLE by defining it in pim_proto.h of
> value (type) 22 (as per RFC) . Also we are able to catch this bidir capable
> option in ethereal !! But it shows type Unknown but its vaule is 22 which is
> correct !!!
>     So what should we do so that it will show PIM_HELLO_BIDIR_CAPABLE
> instead of Unknown type in ethereal. It also shows  proper  name  for other
> options like  Holdtime,  Lanprune Delay, DR Priority which has been defined
> in same file !!!!

Most likely Ethereal doesn't has support for the Bidir-capable Hello
option. If you are using an older version of Ethereal check whether
the latest release supports it. If no, then you can add the support
for it and send the patch to the Ethereal folks.

Alternatively, I believe that recent versions of tcpdump have
support for that option, so if you can live without GUI then you can
use tcpdump instead.

Regards,