[Xorp-hackers] XORP on Windows questions

Jonathan Day imipak at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 14:58:08 PST 2008

Hi,

Two questions on XORP on Windows. (Not my favourite
platform, but workplace demands it.)

First off, the build instructions say that the
miminalist GNU (mingw) toolchain is required to build
XORP. A lot of the utilities GNU provides (make,
autoconf, bison, flex, libtools, etc), however, are
available natively under the gnuwin32 project, but not
everything. How much of mingw do I actually need,
these days, to do a build?

(For example, since Intel's C/C++ compiler will build
the code, could I get away entirely with gnuwin32 and
the Intel compiler and not use mingw at all?)

Secondly, the real killer question. XORP is only
validated for Windows Server 2003, according to the
website, but I need to get the code running on Windows
CE 6.0. What is the current impression of Windows
developers on the status of the Windows port?

Jonathan Day