[Xorp-hackers] FEA performance improvements: only 'pull' active interfaces.

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Mar 22 05:06:08 PDT 2008

Ben Greear wrote:
> But, it seems to me that we can *probably* fix up the code to only
> grab time once, right after select() returns and then pass the 'now'
> value to whatever code needs it.
>
> This means that we might be off by a few ms here and there, but probably
> this won't matter.

Hmm, the SystemClock class should already be doing this. There is an
update method which only retrieves the time from the kernel if we
absolutely have to, and the EventLoop should already be doing this. I
seem to recall Orion introduced this code around 3.5 years ago.

If SystemClock is not correctly caching its time value, that needs to be
looked at.

Cheers