[Xorp-hackers] problem regarding autotools

Selçuk Cevher cevhers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 04:29:50 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I recently added a new XRL interface (.xif file) into xrl/interfaces folder,
and properly modified Makefile.am in that folder.
After running bootstrap and then ./configure
scripts at the top-level of the XORP tree to regenerate Makefile from
the most recent Makefile.in, I ran
 gmake in xrl/interfaces folder. I had to use gmake with option -k to
get the .hh and .cc files (stub code for the caller) for the newly added
interface. libtool that
XORP package uses seems to be an old version since I got the error
message " libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CXX' " when I used
gmake. I got the .cc and .hh files now but it did not build the .lo
and .o files regarding the new XRL interface.

Below are the versions of autotools currently used:

automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)

Thanks.
Selcuk