[Xorp-hackers] PIM-SM4: Cand-RP and Cand-BSR Inconsistency

Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello samuellucas at datacom.ind.br
Fri Oct 24 10:36:55 PDT 2008

Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:

> Fixed in CVS. Note that the problem was deeper: it could be
> triggered even if the user tried to update the PIM Bootstrap
> configuration at runtime via xorpsh.

Pavlin,

Is there any reason to not set _bsr_addr and _bsr_priority in BsrZone::update_config_bsr_zone() ?

Using your patch, the address is set correctly in the configured zone but as soon as the configured zone becomes Active it has no LocalAddress:

samuellucas at erdinger> show pim bootstrap
Active zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
0.0.0.0           0 0.0.0.0           0 Pending             120        -1
Expiring zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
Configured zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
0.0.0.0           0 10.1.3.11         1 Init                 -1        -1

samuellucas at erdinger> show pim bootstrap
Active zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
0.0.0.0           0 0.0.0.0           0 Elected               4        -1
Expiring zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
Configured zones:
BSR             Pri LocalAddress    Pri State           Timeout SZTimeout
0.0.0.0           0 10.1.3.11         1 Init                 -1        -1

It seems that the active zone takes address and priority from the _bsr_addr and _bsr_priority instead of _my_bsr_addr and _my_bsr_priority.

I've tested here updating _bsr_addr and _bsr_priority in update_config_bsr_zone and it seems to work it out.

For configured zones, there is any situation when the _bsr_addr/_bsr_priority would be different of _my_bsr_addr/_my_bsr_priority ?

Thank you,

 - Samuel