[Xorp-hackers] Compile failure on Fedora 12 due to cpp differences.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Dec 9 22:14:00 PST 2009

It seems that on Fedora 12, cpp doesn't concatenate lines that end with \
into a single line.  And, it strips the \ so that the python code supposed
to deal with concatenation fails to do it's job.

[greearb at grok xorp.ct]$ cpp --version
cpp (GCC) 4.4.2 20091027 (Red Hat 4.4.2-7)

I hacked some perl to concat the lines before they are passed to cpp,
which makes it go a bit farther, but it fails later on when it
#includes some files that have not be pre-processed by perl.

Probably the cleanest would be to get rid of all of the trailing \
and manually join all the lines.

Bruce:  Let me know what you think on this...I don't want to change
all the files unless you are going to do the same so that merge
conflicts are not so beastly.