[Xorp-hackers] xorp svn VRRP centos

Eric S. Johnson esj at cs.fiu.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:50:07 PST 2010

greearb at candelatech.com said:
> Can you try the attached patch and see if it properly detects the
> failure (at runtime) and takes proper action to use the ioctl?

Quick answer, with no time today to investigate further, it didn't
work. I see what you tried to do, but something just wasn't right.

It looked to me like:

        if (NlmUtils::check_netlink_request(_ns_reader, ns, nlh->nlmsg_seq,
                                            last_errno, error_msg)
            != XORP_OK) {
            error_msg = c_format("check_netlink_request Cannot set the interface flags to 0x%x on "
                                 "interface %s: %s",
                                 interface_flags, ifname.c_str(),
                                 error_msg.c_str());
            return (XORP_ERROR);
         }

failed and vrrp aborted. I changed the error message to be different
than the one above it, that is how I know this one is the one that
failed.

I tried just commenting out the return but that didn't help either.

Heading home, will review in more detail tomorrow.