[Xorp-hackers] [Xorp-users] Fwd: Is there any way you 'r seeing , to get xorp (multicast part) under 6 MB form 10 MB

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 10 09:36:58 PDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 12:21 AM, saurabh wrote:

> Dear Ben,BMS,atanu and all core members,
>
> First congregates for community version 1.8 of xorp.ct.
>
> I have been exploring various ways of getting xorp under 6 MB form 10 MB (of my cutoff version)
> (likely want 45% of further size reduction), but yield without conclusion.
>
> Are you or other core members are seeing any alternate solution to get xorp
> upto this size ? This is now being barrier for my embedded target. (may many like me facing such situations)
>
> As I see that xorp itself written in C++ with STL etc, eating lots
> of space and memory, despite many of our size reduction patches.

Can you send us the output of:
find /usr/local/xorp -name "*" -print|xargs ls -l
so we can see exactly what files you are currently using?

Do you need the policy features?  I started looking at conditionally
compiling that out the other day, but it looked fairly invasive so
I went on to other things.  Still, it might be worth a try.

Also, I'll add an option to compile with -Os (optimize for size)
to see if that helps the binary size...