[Xorp-hackers] Q on MP-BGP and LDP

ravi kerur rkerur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:43:18 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently working on developing LDP for Quagga and due to issues (some
technical and non-technical) I am reaching out to XORP as an alternate
solution and wanted to get some technical insight into contributing to XORP.

1. I see RFC 2858 mentioned in bgp/specs directory, I am assuming MP-BGP
support is available in current XORP code base?

2. Does XORP take advantage of multi-core SMP processors? I believe Quagga
has a bottleneck architecture here, please correct me if I am wrong.

3. XORP code is developed in C++, is it mandatory to have development in
C++ i.e. If I want to bring in LDP code from Quagga do I need to modify it
from C to C++?

4.  Do you performance numbers published i.e I am more inteested in network
convergence numbers?

Inputs appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi