[Xorp-users] connection to bgpd

Nathan K doesnotcount@hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:12:08 -0400

I'm writing a process that will communicate with the bgpd via xrls, however,
in the case that that process fails, I need the bgpd to reset its state,
(ie. retract all BGP Updates and disconnect from all bgp peers). Is there a
way to have a persistent tcp connection between my process and the bgpd? If
so, I could have the bgpd check the socket to see if the session has been
ended and then reset state. Otherwise, I may have to implement a keep alive
mechanism via xrl in which case I'd have a timer in the main loop that
causes state reset upon a keep-alive timeout.

-Nathan.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.