[Xorp-users] IPv6 multicast forwarding help needed

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:32:39 -0700

>   We are using two boxes with Live CD. We are trying to establish simple
> testing network with two clients and two routers between them.  One client
> sends multicast stream and the other client should be able to receive that
> stream. (we use VLC apllication). PIMSM6 & MLD seem to work, but there is
> no multicast forwarding ie. packets from stream reach inner interface but
> none are forwarded on outer interface.
>

> could someone send a sugesstion
>
> here is our configuration:

A quick question. It appears that inside the "interface" and "mfea6"
sections you have enabled interfaces rl0 and rl1. However, inside
the "mld" section you have enabled rl1 only, and inside the "pimsm6"
you have enabled rl0 only. Is this mismatch intentional?
Typically, within "mld" and "pimsm6" you would enable both rl0 and rl1.