[Xorp-users] Injecting BGP routes to the kernel

Vlad GALU Vlad GALU <vladgalu@gmail.com>
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:56:15 +0200

     Hi guys. I've only started playing with XORP a couple of hours
ago. It compiled almost smoothly on my FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE. After
setting up the right interface address/aliases and static routes, I
can see the BGP session I have configured as running. XORP sees the
routes that it gets from its peer, and the peer sees the routes
announced by XORP. However, I can't see the ones that XORP receives in
my kernel routing table, using netstat. 'route get' always returns the
default route of that machine for any given IP in the subnets received
from the peer.
     Is this a bug or a lack of feature ?

--
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.