[Xorp-users] Upstream MRIB nexthop (RP) UNKNOWN

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:07:32 -0700

    Achmad> Another question: TCP connections between XORP processes on
    Achmad> my router are mostly using the IP address of a physical
    Achmad> interface, not the loopback address Is this correct? Is
    Achmad> there any reason not to use loopback address for XORP IPC?
    Achmad> I intentionally shut down the interface for XORP IPCs and
    Achmad> XORP throwed many complaints.

The XORP IPC can be configured to be used between hosts, the default
however is to use the loopback address. It does look like we are using
the the first physical interface sometimes. This is a problem and a
Bugzilla entry has been made.

    Atanu.