[Xorp-users] Linux 2.6 multicast issue using PIM

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:44:40 -0700

> My next problem I just cant figure out.  I can not go into configure mode
> it keeps telling me no permissions.  I've setup an xorp user and group, I'v
> placed both my normal user (me) and  root into the xorp group, I''ve logged
> in as the xorp user and nothing works. During all of these I check that the
> user is part of the xorp group. Anyone have an idea of what I can check.

When you type "configure" inside xorpsh, does the rtrmgr print any
message? If yes, please send the the exact message. Also,
please send the exact error message from xorpsh.

Finally, can you verify by running "groups xorp" that user "xorp"
indeed belongs to group "xorp".