[Xorp-users] Groups issue followup FYI

Chris Robson crobson@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:16:06 -0400

Pavlin

I finally narrowed the "group" problem.  Your statement reads the
user "xorp" must belong to group "xorp" which I understand and under
Fedora user account creation is the default.  The problem isnt xorp
belonging to group xorp the problem is xorp belonging to other user's
group.  That is if you log in a <me>, then xorp must belong to <me>'s
group.  Another words in Fedora Core 2, in the "Users and Groups" GUI
you need to make sure within the xorp users name properties within
the "Users" tab option under "Properties" item "Groups" any other
user groups you might login as are checked.

Just thought all would like to know what I found.......later.....