[Xorp-users] Hardware Question

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:50:09 +0200

First of all, xorp merely sits on top of your os and speaks a few different
routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP. It really has nothing to do with the
interfaces.

Five years ago, a T1/E1 interface would be typical to have for a small router
and a HSSI for a larger one. Nowadays (at least here in Sweden) we don't use
those anymore. Almost all equipment have (Fast)Ethernet either copper or
fibre based. But I bet that wasn't the answer you were looking for.

I've used sbeis products (http://www.sbei.net/). They're rather expensive,
but all HSSI products are. The prices today are far from what they were when
I bought them so I can't even begin guessing but they're not on the level
with youre average NIC ;)
Check out their site and you should be able to locate a reseller.

 Hope it helps.
 /Kristian