[Xorp-users] XORP Development Roadmap

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:57:38 -0700

> My question wasn't meant to be specific nor does this have to be
> anything formal, but can you tell me what additional features or
> capabilities that either going be add or improved upon in the next
> release..??  (example; adding of a routing protocols, web base
> management,  patches)
>
> Based off of the roadmap web page the next release is 1.2 in August, can
> you tell me what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2, and the same
> question applies the other future releases, 1.2 -1.3 and 1.3-1.4...

I may be misunderstanding your question, because the XORP roadmap web
page already provides the new major features that are to be expected
in each new release:

 * XORP-1.2: (stable) routing policy, initial OSPF implementation,
   Windows support
 * XORP-1.3: completed Windows support
 * XORP-1.4: initial IS-IS implementation, IGMPv3/MLDv2
   implementation, Bidirectional PIM-SM implementation.

We don't have specific information about improving existing features
because this is an ongoing process.
If you are interested about changes between previous releases, file
xorp/RELEASE_NOTES contains detailed info about such changes.

Pavlin