[Xorp-users] Cannot enable vif eth0: no such vif

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:22:30 -0800

> Hi Pavlin,  I´ve followed your advice and downloaded the latest version from
> the CVS and compiled it directly on the Linux I want to route with.
> I´ve set up the config.boot file and started xorp_rtrmgr without errors. I´m
> streaming a video with VLC to 231.1.1.1 but it´s not reaching the other side
> of the router, where I have another VLC trying to read that address.
> Would you mind taking a look at my config.boot and telling me if you think
> it´s fine?

You may want to add the following to your config file:

fea {
    enable-unicast-forwarding4: true
    /* enable-unicast-forwarding6: true */
}

If it still doesn't work, then please send me the following:
 - cat /proc/net/ip_mr_vif
   cat /proc/net/ip_mr_cache
   (while XORP is running)
 - The output of the following xorpsh CLI commands:
   show pim rps
   show pim join
 - your log file