[Xorp-users] problem with xorp

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:39:39 -0700

> Hi I'm Edoardo, a italian student of Computer Science, and know I'm
> working  in the La Coruņa University (Spain).
> I downloaded the last version of xorp, I try several times in vain to
> install it and when I lanch command "./configure" I could read the
> error:
>
>         #./configure
>
>         checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
>         Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in /usr/local/ssl
>         Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory
>

> I tried to insert parameters system required but I get the same error
>

>         #./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl/
>
>         checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
>         Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in /usr/local/ssl
>         Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory

You must have OpenSSL installed on your system. If it is not
installed, then install it first and specify the appropriate
directory with the --with-openssl command-line option.

> I try to comment the next part
>

>         fail_openssl()
>         {
> 	  echo "Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in $1"
> 	  echo "Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory"
>           # exit 1
>         }
>

> hopening  the error was been neglected.
> Done it I lanch command "make install", but I could read the error:
>

> nexthop.cc:21: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
> nexthop.cc:21: note: use 'IPNextHop<A>::IPNextHop' instead of
> 'IPNextHop<A>::IPNextHop<A>' to name the constructor in a qualified
> name
> nexthop.cc:26: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
> nexthop.cc:26: note: use 'IPPeerNextHop<A>::IPPeerNextHop' instead of
> 'IPPeerNextHop<A>::IPPeerNextHop<A>' to name the constructor in a
> qualified name

This is a known problem that can be triggered with some recent
versions of the gcc compiler.
The problem has been fixed in the CVS repository, so please use the
most recent XORP code from the anonymous CVS
http://www.xorp.org/cvs.html

Pavlin