[Xorp-users] Xorp, pimsm and ethertap

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:06:53 -0800

> How does xorp handle an interface disappearing, and coming back, out
> of interest?

If the interface status changes (e.g., UP/DOWN, IP addresses
added/deleted), and you are using the default-system-config
statement, then XORP is tracking the changes.

If the interface disappears completely (e.g., you cannot see it by
"ifconfig -a" or "ip link"), then I am afraid XORP may not be able
to track it properly (translation: I haven't tested it).
If your case is the latter, what are the exact UNIX commands (or
setup) you use to get the interface disappear and add it back again?

Pavlin