[Xorp-users] Re: Need help for compiling xorp from current cvs on Linux (IPv6 Multicast)

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:42:57 -0800

> Since I've tried time to time also with the newest kernel stock of USAGI,
> but still failed.
>
> On 1/4/06, Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin@icir.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I have tried to compile and install XORP successfully.
> > > THe xorp could joint to another XORP (running on BSD), but unfortunatel=
> > > when I try to run multicast client behind XORP(on linux) and  the
> > multicast
> > > client beginning to receive multicast packets, the XORP then died.
> >
> > Was the mld6igmp module running when you saw the error message?
>

> No. It was down when I saw error messages

According to your log message, it appears the MFEA has exited
abnormally and as a result of that the MLD module has exited.
However, your log message does not contain any indication why the
MFEA has exited. Is this really the _complete_ log message from
startup, because it doesn't appear so.
Also, it seems like some of the log messages are reordered, so I'd
suggest to do the following:
script
./xorp_rtrmgr -b config.boot
exit

After that send me the "typescript" file.

BTW, your configuration seems fine, except that you don't have
Cand-RP related config (if there are other PIM routers that are
Cand-BSR and Cand-RP, then it is OK, but I don't know whether this
is the case). The simplest solution is to use static-rp config
option.

Pavlin