[Xorp-users] Vyatta

Allan Leinwand leinwand@gmail.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:01:52 -0800

------=_Part_4228_19756935.1143730912259

Hi folks,

   Thanks to Kristian for the correct answer on our product which is
available off our homepage.  The web interface has been in our source tree
for sometime, although we have not officially announced that it is ready fo=
beta testing.  We expect to be ready for folks to begin beta testing of the
web interface in the next few weeks.

   We're talked to XORP about taking our web interface and incorporating it
into their project and will work with them to do this work.  We're also
preparing to submit the work that we've done on other features, such as
802.1q VLAN support (which we announced last week).

Take care,

allan

On 3/30/06, Kristian Larsson <kristian@juniks.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:25:36PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > Is www.vyatta.com a fork of XORP or does it exchange sources
> > with the XORP project ?
> > I tested their LiveCD and it seemed to have many features I
> > could not see it the src tree of the "vanilla" XORP.
> > Features like web service runnking lighttpd with a web interface.
> > I realize vyatta is Linux-centric and uses custom build with busybox et=
> > but would it be difficult to incorporate the web interface into XORP ?
> >
> > And that leads to my second question.
> > How modular is XORP, would it be possible to compile it with support fo=
> > just a few features and/or add new features like e.g configuration of
> wireless devices?
> Vyatta is utilizing XORP as a foundation. XORP is
> the active routing component in Vyatta and the
> xorpsh is utilized as well. The Vyatta team has
> then added a lot of things, for example it is
> possible to configure users, a few services,
> firewalling rules and so on via the CLI. This is
> not possible in the standard XORP package.
>
> Although I've worked a bit with the Vyatta
> projects OFR I haven't come around to trying the
> web interface so can't answer that bit.
>
> XORP is rather modular. There is currently no
> support for configuration of wireless devices, but
> this could be added if someone just sat down and
> wrote some code :)
>
> Regards,
>   Kristian.

------=_Part_4228_19756935.1143730912259

Hi folks,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks to Kristian for the correct answer on =
our product which is available off our homepage.&nbsp; The web interface ha=
s been in our source tree for sometime, although we have not officially ann=
ounced that it is ready for beta testing.&nbsp; We expect to be ready for f=
olks to begin beta testing of the web interface in the next few weeks.
d incorporating it into their project and will work with them to do this wo=
rk.&nbsp; We're also preparing to submit the work that we've done on other =
features, such as=20
il_sendername">Kristian Larsson</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kristian@juniks.n=
et">
kristian@juniks.net</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8=
ex; padding-left: 1ex;">On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:25:36PM +0000, Marcin Je=