[Xorp-users] Regarding config.boot

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Mon Nov 6 04:02:54 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:27:18PM +0530, kushal ahuja wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using XORP for the first time, i want to know where to get
> config.bootfile so that i can change configuration
> accordingly.If i am using that config.boot.sample it is throwing some
> errors.
> If i have to configure configure it myself than what all changes i have to
> made in "config.boot.sample" . Please help me.
> Thanks in advance.

I would recommend starting of with a blank
config.boot, ie just touch it
touch /usr/local/xorp/config.boot (by default)
and then startup xorp_rtrmgr and xorpsh

If you want to use a sample config.boot you may
have to change the interface names and such. What
errors are you receiving?

    Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                      Net at Once [AS35706]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se