[Xorp-users] Fwd: underlying vif is not UP

hilal chouman hilalchouman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:32:11 PDT 2006

Thanks Pavlin for fast reply !

The exact error message is as I stated:
"101 command failed Cannot enable vif rl0 no such vif"
I configured the interfaces and the fea (for unicasting), and I was able to
commit the changes without errors, When I reached the mfea4 and I configured
it and tried to commit the changes, the previously stated error occured.
I didn't proceed to configure the igmp or the pim-sm or fib2mrib since I got
this error.
Note here that both interfaces are enabled in mfea4 in addition to
traceoptions and vif register_vif.
I read that vif register_vif must be enabled in case PIM-SM is used, so
since I did not configure PIM-SM yet, does that lead to such an erro when I
enable it??

Here is the plumbing configuration:

plumbing {

mfea4 {