[Xorp-users] No logging when using xorp_rtrmgr

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Fri Aug 24 00:32:58 PDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 12:01:31AM -0700, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs at computer.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 11:43:10AM -0700, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > > Do you see any messages printed on the terminal if you start
> > > xorp_rtrmgr in foreground?
> >
> > No, none.
>
> That's odd.
>
> Could you confirm that if you do the following, then the xorp_rtrmgr
> process doesn't print anything:
>
> ./configure
> gmake

gmake == GNU make, right?

> cd rtrmgr
> # Become a root
> ./xorp_rtrmgr -b my_config.boot

Nothing at all. Even though if I strace the process I see that it fails
because my_config.boot does not exist:

open("my_config.boot", O_RDONLY)        = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

> Actually, you could be correct when you said 4.1.3: the Debian
> package version is 4.1.2, but "gcc-4.1 --version" actually says
> 4.1.3.

That's probably where I copy & pasted from.

> Anyway, I updated our Debian system to 4.0 (etch) which has
> gcc-4.1.1. I was able to compile the latest XORP code from CVS with
> that compiler. After updating the compiler to gcc-4.1.3 I was able
> again to compiler XORP without any problem. In both cases, "gmake
> check" passed as well.
> Hence, please try the latest XORP code from CVS and see whether you
> still have the compilation problem.

I'm going to compile CVS in my development system (which runs 'sid',
unstable) and see how it fares.

Regards

Javier