[Xorp-users] RIP configuration

Frederic Gilloteau Frederic.Gilloteau at alcatel.fr
Mon Jul 23 08:41:18 PDT 2007

Hello,

I try to configure RIP on two interfaces :
Eth0 : 192.168.92.1 (with vif eth0)
Eth1 : 172.20.0.90 (with vif eth1)

I have configured these interfaces in the 'interfaces section' and in the
'RIP section'.

My problem is that RIP is propagated on eth0 with success (seen with tcpdump
-i eth0) but no route about the network associated to eth1 (172.20.0.0) is
propagated through RIP.

Using 'show rip status all' I can read :

RIP on eth0 eth0 192.168.92.1

RIP on eth1 eth1 172.20.0.90

I have activated the fea section ...

Moreover, in the logs of xorp_rtrmgr, I can sometimes read INFO : Detected
iftree change on eth1 eth1 172.20.0.90 setting transport enable false .

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fred