[Xorp-users] XORP and RPM Compilation

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Jul 23 11:09:32 PDT 2007

Frederic Gilloteau <Frederic.Gilloteau at alcatel.fr> wrote:

>  Hello Pavlin,
>
> Thanks for all informations.
>
> I could compile my RPM adding comments in front of the following sections :
>
> %{__libtoolize}
> %{__aclocal}
> %{__autoconf}
> %{__automake}
>
> Unfortunately, the resulting RPMS still produces all binary files directly
> under /usr/share/xorp ...

As I mentioned earlier I am not familiar with RPM .spec
configuration, but I guess you could try to fix this by editing the
line after "%{__make} install \"

In particular, remove the following:
bindir=%{_bindir} sbindir=%{_sbindir}
and see whether it will install the binaries under the default
/usr/local/xorp location.

In addition, you might have to comment-out all lines like the
following that refer to _bindir and _sbindir:
%attr(755,root,root) %{_bindir}/print_lsas

Also, you might need to edit the path to xorpsh.

If you get it to work this way, the result might not be exactly what
you want but is a starter :)