[Xorp-users] Cannot start vif

Elzer Zoltan ez201 at mail2.selye.sk
Thu Mar 15 03:01:46 PDT 2007

Hello Pavlin

I still have the same problem. I dont have config file, because I use live
cd version and I dont have floppy drive. I  setup everything manally. Here
is the config:

interfaces {
   interface xl0 {
      vif xl0 {
	address 192.168.2.1 {
		prefix-length: 24
}
}
}
}

interfaces {
   interface rl0 {
      vif rl0 {
	address 192.168.3.1 {
		prefix-length: 24
}
}
}
}

fea {
   unicast-forwarding4 {
 }
}

protocols {
   fib2mrib {
      }
}

 ----- Here I ran commit and it succeeded.

plumbing {
   mfea4 {

      interface xl0 {
         vif xl0 {

         }
      }

      interface register_vif {
         vif register_vif {

         }
      }

 --- After this when I ran commit the same error occurred:
102 Command failed Cannot start vif xl0: underlying vif is not UP

All interfaces are enabled (disable: false) and unicast forwarding worked
fine.

Regards, Turbo