[Xorp-users] New on this

Damian D. coloradus at msn.com
Wed Sep 19 19:32:46 PDT 2007

Hi, I am new on this. My name is Damian Demasi and I am studing Telecommunications Engineering in Argentina. My teacher of Information Networks told us about the XORP project, and refer to it as a posible future for the routing software. I have been reading a lot sense then, and found many information, but no so much clear, about the operation of XORP. I have the sufficient knowledge to configure a Cisco router to do NAT, DHCP, and have the theorical concept of RIP and OSPF.

Can anyone tell me where can I found information about the operation and implementation of XORP from zero, whit an explanation for "dummies"?

I whant to learn more of XORP to implement it on a PC whit Linux.
Sorry if this email is to basic for this group of people, but I don´t know anyone who can explain XORP to me.
Successes to all!!
Damian.-

P.S.: Sorry for my english... and I would like to cooperate whit you in all I can (i.e.: translating something to spanish).