[Xorp-users] New on this

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Thu Sep 20 00:54:31 PDT 2007

Damian D. wrote:
> Hi, I am new on this. My name is Damian Demasi and I am studing
> Telecommunications Engineering in Argentina. My teacher of Information
> Networks told us about the XORP project, and refer to it as a posible
> future for the routing software. I have been reading a lot sense then,
> and found many information, but no so much clear, about the operation of
> XORP. I have the sufficient knowledge to configure a Cisco router to do
> NAT, DHCP, and have the theorical concept of RIP and OSPF.

Great, then you have the underlying knowledge...

> Can anyone tell me where can I found information about the operation and
> implementation of XORP from zero, whit an explanation for "dummies"?

If you just take a look under the "getting started" page on www.xorp.org
  you should be able to get a grip of the XORP configuration and "adapt"
you Cisco skillz to XORP :)
If you have any specific questions then just mail the list again (and
don't forget to include your XORP conf) and we'll help you out to the
best of our ability :)

> P.S.: Sorry for my english... and I would like to cooperate whit you in
> all I can (i.e.: translating something to spanish).

I don't know if there is a translation project yet, but it would of
course be great to have documentation in local languages!

Regards,
    Kristian.