[Xorp-users] help with a different multicast tack

GDS.Marshall gdsm at tgfslp.dalmany.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 04:13:14 PST 2008

As I am unable to get multicasting working from my public IP address, I am
going to try nat on the router which I understand from else where does
work.

What I would like to know is how do I tell xorp
yes, you have interface eth1:0 172.16.1.3, eth1:1 192.168.1.3 but, only
172.16.1.3 is used for multicast.  I tried telling it the interface
parameters, but lost the alias in the process.

I now presume I leave the interfaces at their default, and change
something in the pimsm4 section, but do not know what.

Many thanks,

Spencer