[Xorp-users] Static joins

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jul 1 17:00:34 PDT 2008

James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a XRL is could send to XORP to force a particular interface
> to think that it has always joined a particular multicast group.
> I know I could send IGMPs to that interfaces, but a simple XRL would
> be easier for me.

Could you specify what exactly you are trying to achieve?

If you have a XORP application that has opened an UDP socket for
example, that application can use socket4/0.1/udp_join_group XRL
(see xrl/interfaces/socket4.xif) to join a multicast group.
There are similar XRLs for the raw IP and raw link interface:
join_multicast_group in fea_rawpkt4.xif and join_multicast_group
in fea_rawlink.xif .

In all cases there must be an application (XORP client) that is
listening for the packets received for the joined multicast group,
but I have the feeling this is not what you are looking for.

Pavlin