[Xorp-users] Configure in xorpsh

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Sun Jul 20 10:13:56 PDT 2008

Hi Bruce,

--On 20. Juli 2008 17:48:32 +0100 Bruce M Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net>
wrote:

> Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> according to documentation it should suffice to put a user into the
>> "xorp"  group to enable him/her to use configure in xorpsh.
>>
>> I have tried that with root and an underprivileged user, but in both
>> cases  xorpsh rebukes: "ERROR: You do not have permission for this
>> operation."
>>
>> What else do I have to do to enable a user to use configure?
>>

> Quick questions:
> Which OS?

Centos 5.2, xorp is from dag wieers rpm

> Did you restart the router manager after adding the user(s) to group xorp?

No. I will test that.

> Did you logout and run xorpsh from new shell sessions after adding the
> user(s) to group xorp?

I logged into xorpsh after adding the users. I am the only one to use
xorpsh.

Now I have restarted the xorp router manager, and I cannot login into
xorpsh any more. This is what I get:

Waiting for xorp_rtrmgr...
[ 2008/07/20 19:12:04  ERROR xorpsh:8906 RTRMGR +90 xorpsh_main.cc
wait_for_xrl_router_ready ] XrlRouter failed.  No Finder?
[ 2008/07/20 19:12:04  ERROR xorpsh:8906 RTRMGR +897 xorpsh_main.cc main ]
xorpsh exiting due to an init error: Failed to connect to the router manager

There is a remark in the manual about xorp router manager having to be able
to write to /tmp. This should not be a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Dirk